Family - Children (Private Law)
Carol undertakes all private law children cases and is frequently instructed in child arrangement order cases. She is experienced in complex finding of fact matters, accepting instructions involving allegations of sexual, physical and emotional abuse, grandparent applications and expert evidence. She has particular expertise in representing clients with learning difficulties and/or vulnerabilities, and deals with financial applications for children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989. She is also regularly instructed in injunctions and related applications under the Family Law Act 1996.
Carol is widely acknowledged for her expertise in financial cases and is frequently instructed in financial relief claims at all levels, values and complexity. She has vast experience of cases involving litigation and financial misconduct, along with cases involving concurrent confiscation proceedings. Often instructed to undertake interim maintenance and section 37 Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 applications, she is a steadfast hand, helping guide lawyers and clients alike. Carol also acts / advises in relation to enforcement proceedings.
- Represented a wife in a complex high-value financial relief case involving issues of pre-acquired wealth and contributions in a short marriage.
- Represented a wife in an ancillary relief case concerning international properties and criminal conduct of the husband – concurrent confiscation proceedings.
- Represented a wife in a financial relief case involving financial misconduct of the husband.
- Advising a client in enforcement proceedings for maintenance arrears.
- “Carol strikes a good balance between empathy with the client and ruthless pragmatism.” Chambers UK, Family/Matrimonial (2016)
Family Law Bar Association
- LLB (Hons) (Exon) (First Class)
- PG Dip. Law (City University)
- BVC (Inns of Court School of Law)
Click here to return to the Barrister page