James has continued to develop his experience in Employment Law throughout his pupillage. He has dealt with claims including; unfair dismissal, discrimination and redundancy plus many other areas. He is regularly instructed to provide opinions on cases. James has received instructions from across the country and is happy to travel accordingly. He has represented both Claimants and Respondents.
Property and Chancery
James regularly appears on behalf of clients in claims relating to possession claims. He has appeared in claims involving local authorities and housing associations as well as private tenancies.
James has been regularly instructed in relation to mortgage repossessions and has assisted both lenders and borrowers.
James has been regularly instructed in relation to personal injury matters. He has developed a busy practice in road traffic accidents, MOJ Stage 3 Hearings, Credit Hire cases and infant approval hearings.
James undertakes work for both claimants and defendants across the country but predominantly in the south west.
James accepts instructions in all areas of commercial law. He has already represented various businesses in contractual disputes in the County Court. His previous work, while a paralegal, involved dealing with international disputes including in relation to international master franchise agreements.
- ADR-ODR International Accredited Civil-Commercial Mediator.
- Bar Professional Training Course – Very Competent
- LLB Law (Hons) – Upper Second Class
Awards and Scholarships
- Harmsworth Scholarship – Middle Temple
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition – Middle Temple
- Foot Anstey Prize for the Most Enterprising Law Graduate – University of Plymouth
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Award – University of Plymouth
- Framed Letter of thanks from the Chairman and Council of the RNLI for efforts in assisting Bude Lifeboat Station
Click here to return to the Barrister page