James has experience in Employment Law from his time volunteering for South West Employment Rights Centre (SWERC) and working as a Litigation Executive. He has dealt with claims including; unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal and discrimination. He has represented both Claimants and Respondents.
Property and Chancery
Commercial Landlord and Tenant
James has been involved in a long running dispute under Commercial Landlord and Tenant involving service charge litigation. The case between Landlords and Tenants who own Chalets on a holiday park has set various precedents in Law.
Following his employment as a Litigation Executive, James has continued to act in claims involving possession for both private and social landlords.
James has undertaken work previously in commercial litigation. While working as a Litigation Executive, James instructed on a claim involving the unlawful termination of an International Master Franchise Agreement.
James has previously dealt with claims ranging from breach of contract through to misrepresentation.
- ADR-ODR International Accredited Civil-Commercial Mediator.
- Bar Professional Training Course – Very Competent
- LLB Law (Hons) – Upper Second Class
Awards and Scholarships
- Harmsworth Scholarship – Middle Temple
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition – Middle Temple
- Foot Anstey Prize for the Most Enterprising Law Graduate – University of Plymouth
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Award – University of Plymouth
- Framed Letter of thanks from the Chairman and Council of the RNLI for efforts in assisting Bude Lifeboat Station
Click here to return to the Barrister page