Call 2019 – Middle Temple
Jon is a former solicitor and partner with a Devon firm. He transferred to the Bar completing a reduced period of pupillage under the mentorship of Russell James.
His experience and expertise are in chancery, property and trust matters and commercial and construction matters – he has a busy practice in these areas. He regularly accepts instructions in all aspects of housing matters and both residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters. Jon also has a particular interest and expertise in planning and public law matters. He has experience in both non contentious and contentious practice and is equally comfortable in advisory work and advocacy.
Jon appears regularly in the County Court and the High Court, the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal, instructed in trials and appeals alike. Jon also undertakes family work with a particular interest in TOLATA matters, and children and finance matters.
Jon accepts instructions relating to:
- restrictive covenants (interpretation, s.84 applications, breaches, enforcement, discharge), adverse possession,
- boundary disputes,
- alteration and rectification at HM Land Registry,
- constructive and resulting trusts,
- proprietary estoppel,
- gifts and loans,
- option agreements,
- contracts for the sale of land (including specific performance, rectification and rescission),
- leasehold covenants,
- residential landlord and tenant matters,
- commercial landlord and tenant matters,
- possession claims,
- professional negligence claims,
- construction contracts,
- construction disputes,
- complex geotechnical and engineering disputes.