Call 2019 – Middle Temple
Jon is a former solicitor and partner with a Devon firm. He transferred to the Bar completing a reduced period of pupillage under the mentorship of Russell James. As a former solicitor, Jon has a good idea of how to provide the best service to solicitors and clients alike.
His experience and expertise rest in particular in property and trust matters and commercial and construction matters and he is building a busy practice in these areas. He has experience in both non contentious and contentious practice and is equally comfortable in advisory work and advocacy.
Jon has appeared in the County Court and advised on matters in the High Court and in appeals. He has experience in general civil matters, personal injury (to include MOJ portal claims and stage 3 oral hearings) and housing matters.
In addition to practice, Jon is a lecturer in law at Plymouth University, responsible for Land Law. He is undertaking a PhD in property and planning law.
Jon accepts instructions relating to:
- restrictive covenants (interpretation, s.84 applications, breaches, enforcement, discharge), adverse possession,
- boundary disputes,
- alteration and rectification at HM Land Registry,
- constructive and resulting trusts,
- proprietary estoppel,
- gifts and loans,
- option agreements,
- contracts for the sale of land (including specific performance, rectification and rescission),
- leasehold covenants,
- residential landlord and tenant matters,
- commercial landlord and tenant matters,
- possession claims,
- professional negligence claims,
- construction contracts,
- construction disputes,
- complex geotechnical and engineering disputes.