Tony is a specialist family Barrister practicing exclusively in this area of law, he has extensive experience at all levels of financial disputes within divorce, cohabitation, and under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
He has considerable expertise advising and representing clients in financial cases at all levels, often including corporate and partnership issues, family businesses, trusts and pensions. Tony also has experience of advising and acting for landowners, including farmers and dealing with issues such as successive tenancies.
Tony enjoys a reputation by his clients for being friendly, pragmatic and extremely efficient. He is persuasive advocate and is described by Chambers and Partners Legal Directory as “well prepared, experienced and grasps matters quickly” and “viewed as a tough opponent especially on complex financial issues”. In the 2016 Legal 500 Rankings is states ‘He is great at cross-examination and has a very good manner with clients.’
- Re H (Leave to Remove)  EWCA Civ 915,  2 FLR 1875
- A relocation case where an English father sought to prevent the mother of their child from returning to her country of birth( Czech Republic). The argument before the Court of Appeal was that the court should consider widening the guidance of Payne v Payne in the light of The Washington Declaration, which had just been signed on behalf of England and Wales.
- Representing a wife in financial proceedings where the main issues were her pre and post marriage contributions.
- Acting for a husband in a farming case where the main issue was whether the farm should be sold or not to meet the wife’s needs.
- Representing a Guardian for a child in a long running abduction case involving passport orders, orders against third parties and committal proceedings.
- Representing a former husband GP on his successful application to reduce his maintenance liability.
- Dealing with a complex TOLATA case where the parties were not married but had a very long relationship with a large portfolio of property.
- Representing a wife who had a substantial income as a shareholder and employee in a large family private company and who also had a beneficial interest in a family trust.
- Representing a wife in a complex farming case involving issues of inheritance, and a separate dispute with a relative over ownership of the farm land.
Tony frequently speaks at external seminars and in house tailored training events. He is also a tutor in advocacy for the Western Circuit and has been doing this for many years.
- Family Law Bar Association
Click here to return to the Barrister page