Jeremy is an experienced practitioner with a busy general common law practice covering a broad range of disciplines with specialisms in the following areas:
- Personal injury and clinical negligence
- General commercial litigation
- Contentious probate
- Commercial and Residential Property including landlord and Tenant
Jeremy accepts a broad range of other general civil litigation instructions, including General Chancery, Insolvency, Commercial work and Building disputes, and regularly accepts instructions in a wide range of disputes and non-contentious matters under the public access scheme, from members of the public and professionals.
GENERAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACTUAL DISPUTES
Jeremy has long experience of acting in a wide variety of business disputes, involving small businesses, large corporations and partnerships.
Some examples of recent work in this area include:
- Advisory work on a contractual dispute between two very large manufacturers of pet food, which focused on the issues of an implied term as to reasonable notice of termination and an implied term of good faith.
- Advised the largest supplier of ladies’ wear to the former retail chain Peacocks on the property rights in various large shipments which were in transit on the high seas at the point Peacocks went into Administration.
- Successfully acted for the seller of a Post Office franchise in London who sought to recover the purchase price of his business from a purchaser whose defence was misrepresentation by the seller.